Monday, December 17, 2007

Plea for reverence

Dear Mass-going people,

I don't think I'm asking for much. When entering a church, attending Mass or otherwise, please turn off your mobile phone. I was at half-seven Mass this evening and I heard two phones with incoming calls with two silly ring tones.

If I have my phone with me, before I go into the church, I put it on "silent" and then I turn it off. I put it on silent just in case I've any alarms that could sound even if the phone is off.

I hope you agree that a certain amount of reverence is to be shown in a church, before the tabernacle. As it is a place of worship I wouldn't want to disturb others by having my phone start ringing. So, again, I ask, please turn off your phone before entering a church.

Yours sincerely,
Liam.

1 comment:

Deeoshaythree said...

You're showing me up for not posting in my bloggy blog. Mass-going feet. Which reminds me, Corpus Christi are obsessed with Paddy Kavaaaaghnah. Fr King mentioned him in a sermon, and after that I read no less than two separate mentions of him in the newsletter, all in different circumstances! 'Tis imeezing. Sure it's gas.