Monday, December 31, 2007

Great words

"The only man I shall take from the number, an whose name strangely stirs me now, is the brave, the gallant, the glorious and upright Éamonn Ceannt." (Father Augustine on Éamonn Ceannt)

"Yes. He was an angel - an angel. He was a fantastic, beautiful person. A wonderful human being. He was one of the most wonderful men I ever met in my life. I can say that honestly and openly. He was a gentleman as in the words gentle man, you know." (Mark Feltham on Rory Gallagher)

Sources

Supreme Sacrifice: The Story of Éamonn Ceannt 1881-1916, William Henry.

http://users.tkk.fi/~khagelbe/rory/articles/feltham5.html
An interview (September 13, 1998) with Mark Feltham, conducted by Shiv Cariappa. The interview appeared in the Rory fanzine Stagestruck, issue No. 5, edited by Dino McGartland.

No comments: