Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wake up & smell the cold coffee

It's a terrible thing. Last night I was in Dave's until about four, if I can recall events in even a mildly accurate manner. I got in, locked up and read for a while. I was reading The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar. It's one of his short stories that I enjoyed when I was younger and I wanted to read it again. It's aimed for the younger folk, but it's a grand story. It was about half five when I got under the covers for some kip. So off I dazed into that annoying thoughtland that prohibits me from actually sleeping. I was tired so I don't think it took that long to get through passport control from Thoughtland into Nodland.

My parents were going somewhere this morning and they came into my room, waking me up, and told me they were going out. They must have been going to the Pavloovians because they took some of my vouchers. I have no idea what time this happened at. Nevertheless, it didn't make me get up and about. The next thing I realise is my phone vibrating on the other side of my pillow. It was Dave calling me. The time? Twenty minutes past two.

Two and a half hours later it was dark. How crap. My day begins and soon it's dark. Not much of a day, you might say. I agree. What's equally as bad is that tomorrow will probably be no better. Well, unless I go to bed reasonably early tonight, which would be difficult. I doubt I'll be tired until at least three o'clock.

While I'm on this subject, have a look at the Yahoo image search for yawn. See if you notice anything.

Good luck now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In order to smell the coffee you make you need to go outside and come in again. If you stand beside the coffee machine you can't smell it at all.
Nolaig na mBan faoi shéin agus faoi mhaise duit!

Anonymous said...

yes. true! the nerves in our noses are ultra-sensitive and they become immuned to certain smells after a matter of seconds. That's why smelly people don't know they are smelly. That sixty euro your mum gave you for your vouchers? did that go on New Years drink at Laura's?
- LORNA

Angela said...

Obviously only unattractive men, cartoon characters, and animals yawn. (Is that what I was supposed to notice?)

William Molloy said...

"Obviously only unattractive men, cartoon characters, and animals yawn."

That's a good observation, but not what I had in mind. I did notice all the ridiculous "cute" pictures of cats, rhinos and toucans yawning.

I was thinking that even looking at pictures of people yawning made me slowly want to yawn myself. I didn't think pictures could do that . But there you have it now, another wonderful discovery for me.

Fair dues for your observant observation.

Anonymous said...

Tá Liam ag fáil a pholl.

Le grá,

ó FAT.

Póganna.