Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things get in the way, don't they just?!

I could complain for a while now about things getting in the way, as the title suggests, but I'll put that somewhere else (a personal journal). I find it easier to write as I think than to type as I think. Maybe it's because I have a thing that whatever I put in a Word document or on this thing here has to be "good". I can always use the back-space. There's no such thing on a pen. Unless you scribble something out. I don't like doing that. Unless it's complete and utter shite that proves that one is a total mickey-fiddler, a fiddler of the mickey. Plus, I like the way I write and I would probably be destroying some fine-looking "y"s or maybe a lovely "r". (Sometimes I do my "r"s like my aunt, especially if it's at the end of a word. Which is interesting because she took a great interesting in my learning to read and write was I was but a youngfla.)

I was in London from Monday last through to Thursday. Having a web of family living there, my parents have been going to London for years. My Da's uncle and his wife lived in Catford. They were both wonderful people but, God rest them, they've both since died. Their children are still in London and we still go to visit. London is a strange place for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Since I've been going there since I was a child, you'd think I'd know the city a bit. NOPE. I didn't need to; I just followed my Mammy & Daddy. I suppose if I was now to try to learn the way around the place, I'd just start at the river banks and follow it along, marking what's where. If I was daring, had a sense of sport, I'd go live there for a while. Or if I had an alternative motive, something to bring me there...

I managed (somehow) not to purchase any CDs or books while in London. I made the point in an earlier post that I buy a number of items while in the area of the pound Sterling. I had £60. I bought food, drink and transport. Fair enough. What else does one need I suppose?

At the moment I'm reading a short book entitled "The Diary of a Nobody". If by chance you come across it read it. Well done.

Haven't really been posting at all these days. Nothing really to be saying or willing to be saying, perhaps. I sense a detective novel arising. Just a quick note of congratulations to Incubus. I put Morning View on my mp3 before I went to London and rediscovered that it's legend. Nice one lads. So, that's it for now. I'll be going to Berlin soon enough. [Actually on another little rant about things: Isn't is shit realising how far away some things are? I don't just mean in terms of space, but of time too. Like, ah shite, that's a month away! Gee. Y'kno the way.] I'll report back on the ways things go in Berlin. Nice one.

No comments: