Friday, August 01, 2008

They really do get in the way...

It's a load of gee. Many are the things that get in the way. Time, space, effort, sense, sanity, sobriety, fear, lack of initiative etc. etc. If I was adventurous, that would be handy.

There's things that I tell myself I could if I was ____ (fill in the blank with the appropriate adjective). As I'm pissing or doing some other activity that gives one the chance to whistle and/or let one's mind drift to other pressing or not so pressing things, I think about these amazing possibilities. I think I'm too sensible sometimes. But, I'm also too much of a short-sighted eejit. Or do I look too far ahead?

It's a pity that I can only imagine myself saying something meaningful when drunk. Or managing to see what I really think. Or letting go a bit. In many ways. Or maybe just one.

So, summer is still in existence. Feckage. I have two weeks off work starting from Sunday. I dunno if it's a blessing or a curse. Of course I would rather be at home than be in my place of employment. I want this that and the other, but at this time and not at that time. Just a moany, picky geebag. It would seem that way anyway. From my perspective right now. I hate looking at things like this and seeing it differently every three seconds.

[just a memory: that story I had back in first year. I made a presentation in powerpoint. Dave added to it. I thought it went shit so I deleted the whole thing. I thought it was a bit deal at the time. Clearly, it wasn't.]

I never had a Playstation. Rob had a PS2 and we used to every now and again. I vaguely remember playing Tekken Tag. I used be going to Mass on Sunday morning and Rob would be up watching some deadly film or playing some deadly game on the Playstation. I sort of resented it. But I went anyway like a good little Catholic boy. Mickey.

Just imagine working full-time... It'd be cock. Talking about health insurance and why you don't get tax back because you started working the first week of the new tax year. These would be the daily topics of conversation that one would engage in over lunch. Talking about bills and that sort of thing is bearable because it makes sense.

But, I'm being an arsehole and not talking in the presence of others. Talk about gee. Just a silly post for nothing really. Anyway, I'm gong home. I'll finish The Diary of a Nobody. What will I read next? Most interesting choice of the week? Possibly. Well done. Thanks for the compliments. Goodnight.

No comments: