Thursday, September 20, 2007

Isn't DCU bleedin' deadly!?

I'm there, what, four days, and I'll liking it, surely. The college that has it all, the campus with all your need, under the tree at Spar, yes, there's a Spar on campus.

Although at this present moment, I don't know my timetable yet, it's all good and that is because DCU is deadly. I'll have to check my student portal page for it tomorrow. It's an Electronic University shall we say? They advise students to check their DCU e-mail at least daily! How more frequently do they want, hourly? Oh well, it's all part of student life! Ha.

DCU is full of deadly places to go. The Nu-bar is pretty cool, I was in it last night for the "Dis-Orientation Ball." It got real packed after a while. Unfortunately the bar had no Guinness. If you know me, you'll know that I drink Guinness. The bastards. There was two taps, but no sweet Guinness! This is the second time this has happened to me in a week, a bar with no Guinness! What's the world coming to!? Anyway, I had a pint o' Smithwick's first, then some Heineken. Smithwick's is Ireland best selling ale, apparently. It's got a rich taste, maybe a bit too rich for me. Heineken is nicer after the Killkenny ale, but in the end, it's still Heino.

Sorry, this is meant to be about Dublin City University, not about different booze. I haven't been in yet, but the Inter-Faith Centre sounds cool too. You can go in and make yourself some tea/coffee and relax or chat to anybody. There's a piano there too if you want to lay down some tinkling jazz, or whatever, ya know the way. Good meeting place so they say.

There's about 40million clubs and societies in DCU too. Or maybe there only 90, but that's enough, I think. Every student will be shot at from every angle with flyers and people trying ot recruit new members for their respective club/soc next week or some time in week two of semester. I'll probably join a few societies. There's a Home & Away club, not that I like it, just thought it's interesting to note. I think everyone how has talked to us has said to join something. So, it seems that it's mildly important to do so. They STRONGLY advise it. Good way to meet folks and make mates and the like.

So, roll on week one and another as being a student. I might even get one of those hoodies with DCU on them.

1 comment:

Deeoshaythree said...

Well done to you now.