Friday, September 26, 2008

Working in the home.

These recent fucked up dreams I've been having really put a new spin on the idea of working from home or whatever these new people say these days with their phrases and all their talk. Anyway...

In work, I've been in the tills. You know, blipping things and taking people's money in exchange for the shit the shop sells. This is fine, I don't mind doing it. There's an odd bit of banter to be had with the customers. Also working directly with the aul' money is grand, gives the job a bit of respectability. God love us all.

But, the last few nights I've had dreams that I'm still at work at the counter blipping away and dealing with customers. A few times I've propped myself up on my elbow in bed to make it look like I'm awake. Bizarre. One night I was getting up at about five in the morning to nip to the toilet but for some reason I felt that I had to wait for someone to enter their laser card PIN before I could get up. Last night was the worst. I kept turning to face these "customers" and then looking at the clock and thinking NO, THIS ISN'T REAL and turn to face the wall only to find myself facing out again a few minutes later. Also, everyone kept buying pillows. Or in real terms I kept clutching MY pillow. Fucked up.

It's scary how concerned I am during these experiences. I don't want the customers to think I'm asleep. But, then I look at the clock and decide they're not there. I'm in bed, amn't I?

I'm probably be in the till again this evening and I'll be haunted by bar codes and laser cards again tonight. Should I be calling Doctor Phil? Ha.

2 comments:

Deeoshaythree said...

Penneys fucks you up real good. Bastards.

Sellotape said...

Thanks for this post really very nice