Wednesday, November 28, 2007

College things going on

Things come hard and fast these days. Well, in reality, they've been moving reasonably slowly for ages, but now near end of semester, they speed up.

I had a presentation on globalisation last week for CM107, Intro to Social Studies. So that's 30% dealt with. Oh no, wait, I still have to do the report, and post it up on Moodle. Ooops. Must get on to Amy again. The main body of marks for CM107 is for the 3,000 word essay to be done in a group of three. I'm with Andy and Neil (sorry Claire!) so, that's the organisation done. I'm going to have to choose a topic and get back to the lads. Gulp.

For LC110, Language, Culture and International Communication, it's much the same format. A presentation is due in two weeks for 30%, and then an essay, that one does by oneself, is also due to gain that last 70pc. This will be considerably more difficult.

HSS1oo, Identity and Belonging, is almost half done, with thanks due to Claire. A topic relating to identity, a questionnaire on the topic, a report on working with the other person, an interview based on questionnaire, a transcription of interview and finally, an essay linking ideas given in interview to theory learned in lectures and reading. Phew, sin é, at last. I have the first and second parts covered, with part three started this very evening. But then I fecked off to Eddie Rockets with Clark.

LC150, Intro to the Study of Language, is nice, I think. We got an assignment few weeks ago, which went well. Another one came last week, due for this Thursday. It wasn't as bad as I thought at first. But that question six is a bitch. I think I cracked half of it though. Hopefully it'll go nicely too. Morphology was nice enough, or what we did was ok, syntax was more difficult, but bearable up to a point, when it got difficult. Then came a mix of syntax and semantics, which was bit tricky, an introduction to real semantics, that seemed interesting at first, but is just hard-ish.

LG116, Intro to Politics, is the module that I'm not particularly happy with. The lecture is long, can be boring, I was frequently lost during early lectures (and still am) and I haven't a clue what the essay titles will be. All this collective action stuff isn't registering with me, "or what have you." But, I'm reading through some of the chapters of that big expensive book that we had to buy, "Power & Choice." I was reading on the bus last week, in and out from campus.

HSS102, Information and Study Skills, is going well... I've only missed one of these classes, so I'm moderately proud. They are on of a Friday evening at three. Bad scheduling. I've been keeping my reflective journal, making entries reasonably regularly. I wrote in it yesterday about all of last week. The library test in week four was good, and I have done some ECDL parts, not much mind you, but three sections of module one shows that I'm interested, in my opinion.

So, that's the low-down on CCS1 assignments for me to this day. I should be shitting it big time, but I'm not, thankfully. Or maybe not. It's late at this stage, so goodnight, God bless.

No comments: