Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm telling yez now. Radio talk, why, don't ask!

Welcome along to LiveLine with myself Joe Duffy. Well, not quite thanks be to God. Although apparently Joe Duffy is the voice of the people. I don't listen to Joe Duffy, I have better things to be doing with myself, like being in school. So therefore I don't really know what goes on during the show and can't really give out too much. But when Joe gets himself on the cover of the "Senior Times" with the caption "voice of the people," I think everybody is allowed to have a laugh. From this, it can be concluded that the elderly in our land feel it impossible to get anything done without the aid of good ould Joe. There's no show like the Joe show ey? If Mrs. MacNamara, 78, from Kinsale wants something done, she doesn't go to her local county council, or the local Teachta Dála, not at all, she'll call Joe Duffy on Radio 1. It's a poor state the country is in if that's the way issues are raised among our elderly.


The same can be said for Gerry Ryan and his show. Again, I don't listen to Gerry because thankfully I have to be educated. But as far as I know, Gerry likes to get his researchers to look into somewhat bizarre things, particularly shite and shite related topics. But at least he's a northsider. According to statistics in the Irish Independent, Gerry Ryan and 2FM in general, are loosing ratings. And their solution: sack Marty Whelan. He's a nice auld fella but apparently he's had his day. Awh for Marty, and slán leat! Bom bom bom, another one bites the dust, RTÉ dust that is. And so, the old are thrown aside and left all alone. Well, I suppose he's got one incredible pension!

No comments: