Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Places in Dublin that I like Part 2 (Westmoreland Street)

This only seems fair: the best thing about the south side is leaving it. If you stand on Westmoreland Street facing onto O'Connell Bridge, the view is fantastic. And of course, it's all the north side. The Customs House of on the right in all its glory. O'Connell Street lies in front of you with Daniel standing there watching the goings-on. It's even better when they have the flags of the four provinces up on the corners of the bridge. Then to the left, the view extends up the Liffey and the Four Courts can be seen. The boardwalk, although attracting drug dealers, it adds to the scene of the Liffey. Anyway, I love the view that can be seen from that corner of Westmoreland Street. I makes me want to give the south side the finger and happily stride back to where I live.

No comments: