Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lent update...yes, I've nothing better to do!

Today is Sunday the 25th February and it wasn't a nice day weather wise. I didn't really care because I only left the house to go down to Mass this morning. Anyway, it's been five days alomost since Ash Wednesday and I haven't had a coffee since then (apart from the one on Wednesday morning, but I've already confessed that). I'm still alive and well, with no withdrawl symptoms. Isn't that great? Well it's not like I was on some hard drug. I didn't need a daily fix. I was always aware how much I was injecting, I mean, drinking a day. I didn't want to be have more than 2-3 cups a day. That would be ridiculous. The Irish are the greatest tea-drinkers on the planet though. I read that somewhere, can't remember. But, I'm going cold turkey.
The only bad thing is that I've made a bit of a substitution. this isn't my fault, my Ma gave me the idea. I had a cup of hot chocolate today and yesterday. It's sooo nice! So, I'm not sure if that just cancels it out or not. Giving up one thing but replacing it with something else to fill the gap. There's a small downside to hot chocolate too. When made with warm milk, it's a killer concoction. If the stone didn't worked for David, I'd say he would have offered Goliath a nice cuppa hot chocolate, waited until he dozed off and then hacked his eyes out and gone for his liver. It's a sleeping pill in a creamy delicious solution. Well, maybe that's a bit overboard, but it'll make you drowzy alright. It'll deter you from doing any work for at least an hour. It's a bitch trying to get maths revision done on a Sunday afternoon after knocking back a good measure of the stuff. I'm telling yez now, don't try it at home.
So, that how things are going. Easy and steady wins the race. I'm the tortoise, and I go movey movey. Look at the first few pages of Poetry Now 2007 and you'll know what that's about. The rest is a heap of shite. Those bastards thinking they know the whos-its and the whats-its in the world-shite! Slán go foill!

No comments: